In a minute or two of trawling around LinkedIn you will be amazed at the great men who all sing the praises of failure: from Churchill to Michael Jordan; from Kennedy to Henry Ford; from James Joyce to Abraham Lincoln. On the other hand, you won’t read much about Joe Dorn, a baker in Pocatello, […]Read More about Rebound—or the Joys of Failure
Developing a common approach to leadership within the “Leadership Body” of an international company means strengthening the coherence of internal culture, accelerating the company’s adaptation to a changing environment, encouraging mobility, and increasing effectiveness.
Senior Management, which we call the “Leadership Body,” includes the functional and operational executive management team members: corporate teams, regional and country management teams, major strategic project teams, and networks and global support functions (Finance, HR, Business Support, Legal, etc.). Depending on the size of the company, this can include up to several hundred people, to which we can also add high potentials.
On the basis of the company’s leadership profile, ICM will custom design a leadership development program according to the company’s culture and business.
Some activities and principles are essential:
- Forming groups of participants that are “intercultural” and diverse in their composition;
- Carrying out individual 360° feedback exercises, built on the leadership profile or any other behavioral preference profile, to provide each participant with personal feedback;
- Making it possible for participants to meet and exchange ideas with the company’s senior executives;
- Providing some free time for participants to network and challenge their own perception of the company, by comparing their views to those of their colleagues;
- Structuring the program around key skills for managing and implementing change: giving and receiving feedback, coaching and mentoring, problem and conflict resolution, inspiring and motivating teams…
Therefore, ICM’s leadership development program is not only about “developing skills,” but also an experience that strengthens each participant’s commitment to the company.